NORDIC FOOD PROJECT FOR INTEGRATION OF PLANT STEM CELLS IN DRINKING WATER
SIA “Nordic Food” together with partners implement the Project “Development and testing of new methods, technologies and solutions in the process of obtaining stem cells of Latvian agricultural plants, creating an innovative solution for their further integration into drinking water”.
The trend in the global food market is multi functional products and functional foods that would not only be able to provide the necessary nutrients and calories, but also provide the body with important vitamins and supplements, as a result of which provide the human body with the necessary energy for life. One of the biggest innovations in the field of biology at the moment is the acquisition of plant stem cells, which allows plants to be grown in laboratory conditions and to obtain their stem cells, which have a very high biological activity. Within the framework of the project, an alternative technology for obtaining plant stem cells is being researched, creating a basis for new possibilities to use plant stem cells in the food industry. A new approach to the production of plant products is being put forward.
The aim of the project is to create an innovative solution that identifies the most efficient and cost-effective plant stem cell procurement technology and the use of plant stem cells in drinking water, creating a beneficial effect on the human body, on the basis of which an absolutely innovative high value-added product – plant stem cell drinking water (functional drink), which is based on local raw materials.
- evaluation of the most successful growing conditions of three different plants: chamomile, Jerusalem artichoke and cumin;
- preparation of a time schedule for the growth of three different plants: chamomile, Jerusalem artichoke and cumin, noting the most suitable moments for the collection of plant vase parts;
- a summary of the conditions for the preparation of drugs for the collection and drying of the summer parts of three different plants: chamomile, Jerusalem artichoke and cumin plants;
- analysis of the information in the scientific literature regarding the technologies for obtaining plant stem cells, their advantages and disadvantages;
- analysis of the information in the scientific literature regarding the methods for determining the activity of plant stem cells, their advantages and disadvantages;
- analysis of information in the scientific literature regarding end products containing plant stem cells, their advantages and disadvantages;
- analysis of scientific literature information on plant stem cells, their integration into foodstuffs, chemical composition, physico-chemical properties and sensory properties;
- analysis of internationally recognized standard methods of analysis for the performance of various physico-chemical analyzes of samples of the products under investigation;
- analysis of relevant scientific information regarding the possible practical integration of plant stem cells in drinking water and other types of food;
- the results of conferences, in-depth interviews and working groups of scientists and potential partners carried out so far.
At the moment, research work and active work for the successful implementation of the project are being carried out.
Lead partner of the project: SIA “Nordic Food”
- Ūdrīši Parish Farm “KURMĪŠI”;
- SIA “Rasa Botanical”;
- Riga Stradiņš University;
- SIA “ILM”.
Total project costs: 500,000 EUR
Project implementation period: November 2019 to April 2021
Information from: http://www.laukutikls.lv/